Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Small Death in the Family


Roobarb in happier times.


Farewell to old Roobarb, who died peacefully in his sleep on Tuesday afternoon for no readily apparent reason.

He was a loopy, lazy, incredibly greedy food-ponce with a definate sense of humour and character all his own.

I know non-cat people don't get it, but a downed cat leaves a definate hole in the household fabric.

He's been interred in a spot in the garden which will get the summer sun nearly all day, wherein he can rest in furry Valhalla and dream of torturing little feathered things for all eternity.

9 comments:

Snowolf said...

As a dog and a cat man, I do indeed get it, very much.

With deepest sympathy for your loss.

JuliaM said...

"Farewell to old Roobarb, who died peacefully in his sleep on Tuesday afternoon for no readily apparent reason."

Oh, no! How sad. But at least you were spared that awful last trip to the vets, and he didn't suffer.

"I know non-cat people don't get it, but a downed cat leaves a definate hole in the household fabric."

They do indeed...

Sarah said...

I don't normally comment on blogs but a cat down is worth it. A big loopy, lazy, incredibly greedy food-ponce shape hole now exists. Thoughts are with you guys, it is totally crap when this happens. Keep up the blogging and later this year I hope you can enjoy the sun shining on your Roobard xxxx

it's either banned or compulsory said...

You have my sympathies but both pics of your deceased chum are the same.

Longrider said...

I'm sorry to see this. I know how we felt when Penfold expired at the grand old age of 17. As JuliaM says, better than the trip to the vets - we only had to do this one and I felt like a murderer.

Catweazel said...

Awwwww Mac! I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you must be feeling, and if there were some magic words that would make you feel better, I'd say them. But there aint! Take care.

Cat xxxxxxx

Nick M said...

You got my sympathy man. And from my co-blogger.

Mac the Knife said...

Thanks all of you for taking the trouble to comment.

I'm missing my little lad, but Sponge and H are doing their best to fill the gap.

Mac the Knife said...

Oh, and IEBoC, hie ye to Specsavers... :)