Thursday, June 04, 2009

My, That Was Quick...


Not strictly relevant, but I've been dying to use it
.

No sooner had I posted than:


FOI Enquiries
British Broadcasting Corporation

4 June 2009

Dear Mac the Knife

The Information Commissioner's Office has agreed that the BBC is not
required to offer an internal review under the Act when the Act does not
apply to the information requested, as in this case.

You may appeal directly to the Information Commissioner's Office; the
details of how to do so are set out in the Appeal Rights section of the
letter. As noted in the letter, the Information Commissioner's Office
has already considered similar requests and decided that information
about the resources allocated to a particular story is not covered by
the Act.

Yours sincerely
Rachel Hallett

BBC Information Policy and Compliance
Room 2252, 2nd Floor, White City
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TS, UK

Website: www.bbc.co.uk/foi
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2883
Fax: 020 8008 2398

Do I detect a slight hint of world weary impatience at my obtuseness? Perhaps I'm just getting a little sensitive in my old age.

No matter. Off to the Information Commissioner I think.

Tune in again, same Mac time, same Mac channel.

THE WORST IS YET TO COME!
*


*Reference for readers old enough to remember when Batman aired on Saturday and Sunday nights consecutively...

No comments: